Sourdough Bread Baking with Minga
Date(s) - 02/12/2017
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Rockmosa Community Hall
Minga is excited to be offering this workshop in partnership with the Township of Guelph/Eramosa and the County of Wellington’s Taste Real Programme
Join us on a fragrant Sunday morning to explore one of the most ancient human activities, baking bread. We’ll make bread using the traditional sourdough technique. You’ll leave the workshop with a fresh batch of dough to bake the next day, a freshly baked loaf of bread, a healthy and predictable sourdough starter, and the knowledge and confidence you need to make high-quality, rustic, sourdough bread at home.
The master recipe that you will learn can be modified to create unique recipes that include various types of whole grains and whole grain flours, nuts, seeds, and fruit.
What you will learn:
- The steps to make an excellent loaf of rustic, sourdough bread.
- How to weigh and mix ingredients.
- How long to let the dough rise
- How to shape it and how to support it while it rises again before baking.
- How to care for your sourdough starter so that it will always make excellent bread.
What you will take home:
- A healthy batch of sourdough starter to nurture and use for years to come!
- A batch of sourdough bread that you made yourself, which you can practice baking at home using your newly acquired skills.
- Flexible instructions so that you can easily make excellent bread at home, as well as recipes to try on your own that build upon the master recipe.
- A freshly baked loaf of sourdough bread to take home and enjoy with friends and family.
More info or to register: www.mingaskillbuilding.ca/workshop/sourdough-bread-baking-december/
Minga Skill Building Hub